Becoming a Morning Person

For a lot of people, mornings are dreadful, awful, and something that you don't look forward to. I used to be one of those people. Now don't get me wrong, I don't jump out of bed at the crack of dawn ready to take on the day... I'm not crazy. However, becoming a morning person was something that I wanted to accomplish. I hated rushing out the door at the last minute to make it to work on time without even getting a sip of coffee in. After watching youtube video after youtube video to figure out how to get me out of bed in the morning, I came up with my ideal morning routine. This isn't something that I follow religiously every day but I do my best to stick to it, and I must say that I have definitely seen an improvement. I will go through my morning routine with you. Feel free to copy it, or make some adjustments to fit your schedule and lifestyle. Here is my 10 Step Morning Routine:
  1. Prep Coffee and Layout Outfit: These are both things that I do the night before to help my morning run more smoothly. Before heading to bed, I pick out my outfit for the next day which saves me about 10 minutes in the morning. I also set the alarm on my coffee maker for 6:15 every day so I wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. 
  2. Wake up at 6:30: I do my best to be up at 6:30 every day. I leave the house for work at 7:15 so this gives me 45 minutes to get ready. 
  3. Brush Teeth: Basic knowledge... You should know how to do this.
  4. Wash My Face: I can have a fairly long skincare routine but in the morning, I usually put on a serum and a moisturizer that contains sunscreen. 
  5. Make-Up: I cannot leave the house without at least mascara on. Make-up is a necessity for me. I will post my Make-Up routine within the next week or so.
  6. Fix Hair: My hair usually looks like a bird's nest when I wake up. I either straighten it, brush it and leave it, or if there is no hope for it, then dry shampoo and a messy bun.
  7. Get Dressed: My make-up gets on my clothes sometimes so I typically get dressed for the day after hair and make-up.
  8. Perfume: I don't want to stink, that is why I put on perfume.
  9. Pack Up Work Bag: I have a large purse that I take to work with me every day. Before I leave I make sure that I have my wallet, laptop, notebook, planner, and a few pens.
  10. Grab Coffee & Out the Door: I drink a cup of coffee while I get ready, so before I head out the door; I transfer the coffee to a travel mug and fill it up. I can't go anywhere without it!

Comments

  1. These are great tips! I think I'll use the outfit hack tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to read this! Thanks for sharing - Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definetely better when we stick to our morning routine as much as we can. I like your very much and follows a little bit like mine (maybe thats what I was I liked it so much). Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts