Well Watered: Clever Ways To Stay Hydrated [Guest Post]

I went out for a quick shopping trip today to pick up some essentials.  Usually when I’m leaving the house I grab a bottle of water for the ride.  Today, I totally left the house without it, even though I was actually thirsty.

This whole staying at home thing has me all off my game.  I’m not eating during regular meal times, and definitely not drinking enough water to stay hydrated.  These are strange times we are in.  Nothing feels right!

While I was walking through the grocery store I decided to grab a bottle of water for the ride home.  My body must have really been dehydrated because I was only 10 minutes away from my house.  Surely I could make it home without needing to purchase anything extra.  I just couldn’t wait - I drank half of the giant bottle before I even made it to my car.

Drinking enough water to stay hydrated has been my struggle for the longest time.  My body becomes like a desert, and then all of the sudden the urge for rain hits.  Thank goodness for rain!

We are like the desert, and flowers... we all need watering.

In case you struggle with staying hydrated too - here are 5 clever ways to stay hydrated:

  1. Keep a bottle of water with you at all times.  If you have it nearby, you will most likely drink from it.  (This isn’t rocket science... it’s easy!)
  2. Set a reminder on your phone every hour to drink water.  If you have someone, or something, constantly nagging you, then maybe you’ll create a new habit.  Even if it’s so you can turn off those darn reminders!
  3. Purchase one of those water bottles that praises you for every ounce you consume.  Who doesn’t like to hit milestones all day long?!
  4. Add something fun to your water, like lemons, limes, or cucumbers. Having fruit-infused water will make you feel like you’re at a spa.  And who doesn’t want to spend the day at a spa?  
  5. Drink a cup of tea.  No, not the type that you pour a pound of sugar into.  Southerners call that sweet tea.  I’m talking about hot tea! Or you can brew it over ice and have unsweetened tea.  
Let’s practice staying hydrated.  It’s good for you... and me!

________________________

Here’s a little bio on me:

This guest post written by Cynthia Height, creator of the blog Dear Ms Anonymous.  If you’re looking for motivation and inspiration to go live your life out loud, check her out:  www.dearmsanonymous.com

Comments

  1. Thanks for the guest spot!!! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips, I think a lot of us share this struggle. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts